Resources to Help You Thrive Spiritually and Thirst for God
*Please be advised that the links are to external sites that contain content we do not control.
Inductive Bible Study
Three Step Bible Study (Condensed)
- What does the passage say? (Observation)
- What does it mean to them first, and secondly, to us? (Interpretation)
- How does God want to apply this to my life? (Application)
Manuscript Bible Study (Summarized)
- READ (more than once)
- STUDY Listen to God, ask the W questions: Who’s involved & where? What’s going on & when? How’s it happening?
- CONTEMPLATE or DISCUSS your observations
- DRAW OUT key interpretative questions/conclusions
- APPLY to your life
Read with another believer and share together
Bible Reading Plans
Personal Bible Study Method
Personal Encounter and Reflection
- Prayerfully read the passage more than once.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- What is this passage saying?
- What is God revealing to me through this passage?
- What is particularly new or pertinent to me?
- How did this passage impact me?
- Summarize what God said or how He impacted your life through His Word.
Group Interaction and Analysis
- Share what you feel God is saying to you.
- Explain what you have learned.
- Listen to what He has said to others.
- Summarize what lesson(s) you’ve learned.
- Discuss how these things relate to the rest of the Bible.
- Mutually affirm and agree upon what learnings are biblical.
Life Application and Transformation
- What is God instructing you/us to do?
- In what ways will this transform your life or life in your world?
- What can you take from this passage?
- Encouragement to receive (He will wipe every tear from their eyes.)
- Instruction to follow (Forgive one another)
- Perspective to adopt (We belong to God’s Kingdom first)
- Insight to increase understanding (God is not slow)
- Promise to rely on (God rewards those who diligently seek Him)
- Message to share (God created us for Himself)
- Truth to base your life on (God is always with us)
- Example to emulate (Jesus humbled Himself by being obedient)
- Rebuke to accept (Don’t be proud)
- Thought to meditate on (God is always at work)
- Reality to imagine (Every knee will bow before Jesus)
- Parable to explore (Some seed fell on good soil)
- Blessing to enjoy (Forgiveness of sins)
- Glory to anticipate (Seeing Jesus)
- Wisdom to apply (Not by might or by power but by God’s Spirit)
- Fact to remember (Life on earth is temporary)
- Refreshment to savor (God’s truth gives joy to the heart)
- Share what you are covenanting to do.
- Pray for each other and their life transformation through faithfulness to Jesus.